A recent survey of 2,000 Americans shows as many as 75% of those studied say they experience an embarrassing moment at least once a week.
The survey was conducted by flatulence deodorizer, Devrom.
Top 10 most common forms of embarrassment for Americans
- Dropping things/ clumsiness etc.
- Saying something inappropriate
- Bathroom or health-related matters
- Telling/making jokes
- Embarrassment around needing the restroom or related matters
- Wardrobe malfunctions
- At work
- On dates/ in my love life
- Around superiors/bosses etc.
Top 5 most awkward scenarios for Americans
- Talking to someone you find attractive
- Bumping into someone you know
- A first date
- Being in a contained situation (elevator, crowded train/plane etc.)
- Bumping into an ex
20 times our bodies let us down (and how many have experienced it)
- Passed gas silently but it caused a smell 45 percent
- Farted while coughing 32 percent
- Farted while sneezing 28 percent
- Farted loudly 26 percent
- Sneezed and had a booger hanging out of my nose 23 percent
- Accidentally sneezed on someone 21 percent
- Unknowingly walked around with food stuck on my teeth 21 percent
- Accidentally coughed on someone 21 percent
- Food flew out of my mouth while talking with my mouth full 20 percent
- Threw-up in public 19 percent